How to Plan Your Dream Country WeddingWestern weddings and country weddings have become extremely popular recently. Brides love the rustic charm and romance these weddings provide.
Choose Your Rustic Wedding VenueThe first, most important piece of planning your wedding is choosing a venue. With so many options to choose from, it can be a bit stressful, so first, talk to a wedding planner to help you. At Silver Sycamore, your wedding planner is included in your package, which makes it so easy! Your wedding planner will be familiar with venues and the time and effort that go into transforming them into the perfect space for your ceremony or reception. If there’s a creative way to make a certain venue work for you, they will know it! Think about your vision of your dream western wedding. What’s your style? Are you wanting something more rustic or elegant? Modern or natural?
- Do you have certain colors or themes you’re wanting?
- How many people will be attending your wedding?
- What’s your budget?
- What are your ideal wedding dates and will the venue be available those days?
- What’s included when booking?
Choose Your Wedding Date
- After you’ve chosen your venue
- Seasons and weather
- Availability and ease of travel plans for guests
- Factors involved in off-season dates, like flower availability
- How much time you need to plan your wedding
- Wedding budget
- Work schedules and commitments
- Venues you’re considering
Choose more than one date so you’ll have a backup just in case your perfect venue isn’t available on your first-choice date.
Perhaps you’ve always desired a fall or winter wedding, or want to feel the summer sunshine on your skin during a summertime country wedding. No matter your personal preferences, make sure your wedding date meets the needs of everything you find most important for your wedding. Finally, your chosen venue may only have availability for certain dates, so pick more than one date so you will have a backup in case your perfect venue isn’t available that day.
Pick the Perfect Dress
- 9-12 months prior to wedding date
- Do you want traditional white, off-white, cream, or a non-traditional color like blue or green?
- Do you want something simple or a dress with lace, beads, and embroidery?
- What is your budget?
- What accessories do you plan to wear and will they go with your dress?
- Which style do you prefer and how functional will it be in your wedding location?
- What is your wedding setting and how will that affect your dress choices?
Your bridal salon consultant can help you find a dress that enhances your features, and suits your style, venue, and budget.
Your consultant at the bridal salon should be able to help you find a dress that suits your style and enhances your best features. Also, make sure to give them your budget so they won’t show you dresses out of your price range. Don’t forget about alterations! This is an important budget consideration. Some shops cap alterations at a certain amount depending on the work being done, while others charge a flat fee. The number one thing to remember here is that the dress should stay in the salon and only leave when you take it with you for the wedding. If the seamstress offers to take it home with her, politely decline.