Frequently Asked Questions
for Weddings at Silver Sycamore
When couples come to their tour, we often get a lot of the same questions asked. So, we thought it would be a good idea to create a FAQ, so that you can review these before your tour or to determine if we are the perfect venue for you!
- What dates are available in the month I’m considering?
You can view our available Saturday’s here. If you are looking for a Friday or Sunday date (or any other day), please fill out a tour form or give us a call.
- How many people can your venue accommodate?
Depending on where you want to host your wedding, will depend on how many we can accommodate. The Chapel & Reception Hall both can hold 200 guests and we can fit up to 500 outside in the town. The outdoor ceremony locations range from 100-250 guests.
- What is the rental fee and what’s included in that price?
You can view our packages and pricing and what’s included here
- Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer?
Yes, we will charge for additional hours. They depend on the package you choose and we can discuss that at your tour.
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
You can view deposit amounts for each package here. Deposit is due at the time of booking and it is non-refundable
- What’s the payment plan for the entire bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
We offer monthly payment options. We accept cash, check or credit. However, if you pay by card, there is an additional 4% fee on top of the amount, due to the processors.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party?
Yes, we have a Bridal Cottage & Grooms Room!
- Can we have our rehearsal dinner here? What about a morning-after mimosa brunch?
Yes, we can host your rehearsal dinner or a morning after brunch if you would like!
- How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
We allocate 1 hour for rehearsal. If you are also doing a rehearsal dinner, then, of course, the time shifts a little.
- What’s the cancellation policy?
We will review that in the contract or during your tour, so that you fully understand the policy. Regardless, there is no refund on the deposit.
- What’s your weather contingency (backup) plan for outdoor spaces?
We have our Chapel and Reception Hall. However, if your guest count is over 200, we might have to do some adjusting, but we will work it out with you
Food + Drinks
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or do I need to provide my own? Even if there is an in-house caterer, do I have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
Yes, we do all of the catering onsite at our restaurant. We do not allow outside catering, unless it is a type of food we have never heard of or have done. That would be a special circumstance we would talk about.
- Is there a food & beverage minimum?
We don’t do events for less than 25 people. So, if you have an event and only 20 are coming, we will still charge for 25.
- Can we do a food tasting before we finalize our menu selection? Does it cost extra?
Yes, we are happy to have our couples do tastings! If you are already booked with us, then there is no additional charge. If you would like to schedule a tasting before booking, there will be a fee, dependent on the type of meal you would like to taste.
- Do you accommodate dietary restrictions and/or food allergies.
Of course! You just have to let us know what they are and how many.
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will I have to rent them myself?
All of that is included in your package! The only thing you’ll have to do is go select the color of linens you would like!
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside baker or do I have to use a cake from your vendors list?
You can choose to use a different baker. Just let us know and we will remove that from the package
- Can we bring our own wine, beer or champagne? What about hard liquor?
NO and yes. We will provide all beer, wine and champagne. If you are choosing liquor set ups, then 1 person will bring in the liquor of choice and that same person will be the one to leave with it. We will serve ALL drinks, no matter what.
- How is alcohol priced, and is there a bar minimum?
This will vary on if you decide to do a cash bar or open bar. Some of our packages already include an open bar.
Décor + Rentals
- Are we allowed to bring in our own decorations?
Yes! We have some décor up and they way our venue is decorated might be enough for you, but if you are wanting florals or any other types of centerpieces, then yes, you will need to bring these in
- Do you have an inventory of décor (lighting, candle holders, vases, etc.) we can borrow from?
Yes! We have a décor room that you can schedule time to look through and choose what you would like
- Can I move things around or do I have to leave everything as is?
We will set up tables and chairs for you based on what layout you want. You cannot hang things on the walls.
- Can we use candles/confetti/sparklers/fireworks/animals/lawn games/bounce houses/ etc.?
The candles will have to be fake flame. Yes, we allow sparklers. No fireworks. We do have lawn games you can add on. The remaining items will need to be discussed with us, as we usually are accommodating but we must have approval.
- Do you provide heaters and/or umbrellas for the outdoor spaces?
Heaters can be rented from us. We do not provide umbrellas.
Vendors + Staffing
- Can I hire my own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list we need to stick to?
We do have a preferred vendors list that we highly recommend using, because they know our venue like it’s their own, and we have also vetted them to our standards. However, you can use your own vendors if you choose to do that, and you will just need to let us know, as we will coordinate with them. The only vendors we do not allow changes are linens and catering.
- Do you offer on-site coordination?
Yes! Each of our wedding packages come with a coordinator! She will be working with you throughout your planning and be there as a day-of coordinator.
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
Yes to both.
- What security services do you offer?
If you are having a bar, we include security in there by the local police station.
- Do you provide a coat check service?
No, at this time we do not.
- What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
This will be discussed once you have booked and set your time, as that will determine when vendors can set up.
- Is there a separate space for cocktail hour?
Our Saloon is often used as a cocktail hour space.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
Usually, the DJ has this setup.
- Are there any noise restrictions?
After midnight, things have to be a little quieter but we usually don’t have any issues.
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary?
Yes and Yes!
- Are cabs/rideshares (like Uber, Lyft, etc.) easily accessible from the venue?
We have never had a problem with guests getting a rideshare.
- If a shuttle service is needed, can you assist with setting it up?
Yes, your coordinator can help with that.
- How many restrooms are there?
We have a lot of restrooms on site. Usually, 2 per building and we have a lot of buildings!
- What overnight accommodations do you provide? Do you offer a discount for booking multiple rooms?
We have a bed & breakfast on site that can sleep 16 people! Yes, we do provide a discount for booking all rooms
- If no accommodations are available, what are the nearest hotels to the venue?
If you are in need of more rooms, we have relationships with a few hotels nearby. All within 10 minutes drive, and we will give your their information in your booking packet!
- Is the site handicap accessible?
Yes! We have ramps where necessary.
Hopefully, you found that helpful, and able to answer a majority or your questions. Of course, if you have any others, we would be happy to answer them!
We hope to see you soon!