Spotlight Wedding: Lorrie & Logan
Lorrie & Logan had the most perfect, fairytale-like Spring wedding we have seen in a long time. Full of love, happiness, family and friends. From the colors, to her dress, all the way down to the tiniest details, you could see how much thought was put into their big day!
We asked Lorrie a few questions about her big day and here is what she had to say.
1. What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
“Can I say ALL of it? Everything was my favorite part. From the mid morning mimosas in the bridal cottage with my best girls to my dad walking me down the aisle of the white chapel to my forever! My husband holding it together like a “real man” and then breaking down in tears once we walked down the aisle as husband and wife for the first time, the loving heart felt speeches in the town square from our closest friends and our parents. It was an absolutely beautiful day!”
2. What was one part of your wedding that you were really happy you decided to do? (ex. videography, decor, type of ceremony, etc,)
“Videography! It was honestly a last minute add on because I wasn’t sure that I “needed” it. Wow! I am so unbelievably happy that I decided on having it. I get emotional thinking about what would have happened if I didn’t decide to hire a videographer. If you are going back and forth like I was on videography, think of it this way: Once the big day is over and the white dress is put away and real life sets back in, that video is your only connection back to your fairy tale. When you are watching it, you can actually feel how you felt when your mom snapped the snaps on your wedding dress, or when your new husband kissed you for the first time as a married couple. Pictures are absolutely wonderful but the video is worth every penny.”
3. If you could give one piece of advice to brides planning their weddings currently, what would it be?
1) Hire a wedding planner if you can. Weddings are absolutely worth it but they are absolutely stressful! Stressful enough as it is without planning every single small detail. You handle the big things and let someone else handle the insignificant details! It’s your day to be relaxed, pampered, and beautiful!
2) Take a minute. We’ve all heard the saying, “Stop and smell the roses.” This is incredibly true on your wedding day. This day will be a beautiful whirlwind of love and emotions, I would recommend stopping every 30 minutes to an hour and just look around. No matter what you are doing, the small act of stopping, looking, and taking it all in will totally change your perspective. The 10 hour day will feel like 1 hour and it is over in the blink of an eye! And while you know there are many working parts to your wedding day, you will appreciate all of the time, detail, and love that is going into making this day possible. Many times during the evening I was overwhelmed with gratitude for my family and friends and our gorgeous wedding venue!”
4. Why did you choose Silver Sycamore as your venue?
“Silver Sycamore had everything I was looking for in a wedding venue. I knew I had to have a little white chapel and twinkle lights to dance underneath with my husband! I also wanted a place where friends and family could spend the night and not have to travel after celebrating all evening. I have lived in Pasadena my entire life, and it honestly meant so much to me to get married in my hometown. Silver Sycamore is the hidden gem of Pasadena, Texas! It was the perfect addition to my Texas fairy tale!”
Learn More About Silver Sycamore in 3 Easy Steps